Monday, January 15, 2007

Inside the Gamer's Studio:: Joeshie from AnimeNation

What are your favorite genres of games?

FPS and RTS are my two big favorites. However, I usually am willing to play most genres as long as the game looks pretty interesting.

How long have you been gaming?

Well, I started gaming back when I was eight or nine with the Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening. However, I didn't really like the game so I really "started" gaming after I played Final Fantasy VIII in middle school. So I guess that would put it at around ten years.

What is it that you like about gaming now?

High quality games with great production values.

What is it that you liked about gaming in the past?


Eh, nothing has really changed for me in gaming over these past ten years other than being introduced to different genres. I still enjoy games that I play today for the same reasons that I enjoyed games when I first started.

What is your biggest gripe about gaming now?

Fanboys. I hate them with a great passion. That and 13 year old boys who feel the need for me to hear their whiny, prepubescent voice over Teamspeak/Ventrillo.

I also hate how many people seem to feel the need to criticize others opinions of video games. Just because they don't feel as strongly about a game as you do, doesn't mean you should harass and ridicule them.

Anything that you would look for in gaming in the future?


The day when PC gaming returns to greatness above consoles.

Thanks for your time in doing this interview.

Next time: Reviews of Vol. 3 of Basilisk and Elemental Gelade

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home