Thursday, March 16, 2006

Ultraviolet...a craptacular film.

Ok...

So, me and the guys go out an watch Ultraviolet. We all went in with somewhat lofty expectations for the movie, right? So we go in and watch the film and from what we've seen with the trailers and the first opening scenes of the movie, Violet (Milia Jovovich) appears to be a "crunkified" version of Major Kusanagi from GITS (Ghost in the Shell for the anime impaired).

Anyways, the movie starts off with Violet going medieval on everyone, which was cool...and then it all went downhill. This movie stunk bad. I can understand the whole arse-kicking aspect for the first 30 mins, but when it's spammed for the duration of the movie...C'MON!!! She shows no weakness and has virtually no competition. I know you have the whole willing suspension of disbelief and all, but this movie got ridiculous to the point where nothing was remotely plausible. Heck, even a 3rd grader could've have come up with a better story and plot than this heaping pile of garbage.

To make a long rant short, avoid UltraViolet at all costs. It's one of those movies that was better off appearing as a Sci-Fi channel original, giving it somewhat an excuse to suck...and I still wouldn't watch it.

After watching this movie, I quickly spoke to the manager of the movie theater to ask for $8.00 and 2 hours of my life back...which neither of them did I get.

However, the reaction from my roommate was priceless. All I had to do was mention Ultraviolet and he would spaz out like a rabbit on crack.

Quoth Dave Chappelle: I wish I had more hands, so I can give this movie...4 thumbs down!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home